Thursday, May 15, 2008

Being an Artist

17th May, 2008

Its not a coincidence how things work in the world of Arts. At least in my world of art, this is how it happens:

Whenever I pick up the pen, or the camera to create something, it is usually either for myself, or for others. When it is for myself, and I do not care whether others pay or not, view or not, nod their heads in approval of me and the piece or not, it comes through as work I feel happy about.

In other cases, when the so called art is being created to showcase to the world for some benefit of some kind, it flops. It just flops. I tell ya, the twisted ways of arts is what I don't like.

When I have to write to present it to say, an editor, I write for the editor. It stops being about my basic human right to express myself freely. The editor jails me.

I am principally against reading self-help books. So there is little possibility of finding a solution to this problem unless my soul comes up with an answer on its own. Or if someone experienced offers a word of advise.

Radhika

No comments: